12 Hospitalized in New Orleans for CO Poisoning From Portable Generator

A dozen people in New Orleans were hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning from a portable generator at a home in the city, according to the city’s EMS

Of the 12 patients being treated, 7 are children, according to reports on Twitter.

The incident occurred in the Gert Town area of New Orleans which wasn’t flooded, EMS said. The area was devastated by Hurricane Ida on Sunday, with widespread power outages expected to last weeks.

“This was a portable generator-related carbon monoxide poisoning,” New Orleans EMS said on Twitter. “CO is a DEADLY colorless, odorless gas. Only operate generators outdoors.”

This story is developing. Please check back for updates.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here