Carrie Ann Inaba confirmed that she is leaving “The Talk” with “love and gratitude and respect,” just days after Page Six exclusively broke the news that the show was looking for a male co-host to replace her.
“I want to announce that ‘The Talk,’ CBS and I have mutually agreed to part ways,” Inaba, 53, said in a video posted to Instagram Friday, adding, “I just want to say that I’m filled with gratitude for the experience and for this chapter of my life that has been ‘The Talk.’”
The TV personality, who joined “The Talk” in January 2019, went on to express how much she appreciated her time on the show.
“I’ve made life-long friendships, I’ve had incredible experiences and I’ve had wonderful discussions that helped me evolve as a human being, and it’s been an honor to be a part of your lives and to have a voice,” she said. “So I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to not only my fellow co-hosts, past and present, but also to those behind the scenes whom I love so deeply, and I’m so grateful for all of you. I’m excited for all that’s to come.”
She continued, “So with love and gratitude and respect, I wish you guys the best, to a great season ahead. And to all of you who have supported me through this time, thank you so much. It’s been amazing, and I’ll see you soon. Have a beautiful day everyone.”
As Page Six exclusively reported last week, “The Talk” has been in search for a male co-host to take Inaba’s spot.
“They haven’t announced it, but Carrie Ann is not returning, and they’ve been trying out comics and athletes to take her place,” the source said.
The “Dancing with the Stars” judge announced in April that she would be taking a leave of absence from her spot on the show to focus on her “health and well-being.”
“We all know health is the most precious gift we have,” she wrote on Instagram at the time. “And I need to take care of mine. I appreciate the love and support from all of you and from my family at The Talk. I hope to be back soon! Ready for action! I’m sending you all my love. And I’ll update you on my progress… talk soon.”
Her exit comes as another blow to the embattled talk show following Sharon Osbourne’s ousting in March over a racially charged conversation she had on air with co-host Sheryl Underwood.
Osbourne, 68, received a multimillion-dollar payout following her departure.
While Inaba never confirmed that she was leaving over the race row, an insider pointed out that the incident did not sit well with her.
“After the incident, they brought in a diversity and inclusion agency to help repair the situation, and Carrie Ann openly griped that she was being punished for things while she was out,” the source previously told us. “She returned to a new environment, and she also didn’t like that the show is starting to tackle more serious issues.”
Inaba had been going through a rough couple of months already, having revealed that she was hit with a bout of COVID-19 in December 2020 and was still feeling long-term effects.
She was also sued in February for allegedly causing a 2019 car crash.