A woman has revealed how she was forced to turn down a job as a dog sitter when the owner gave her a list of demands.
In screenshots of a text exchange between the pair, they agree the job will last just over one week while the owner is away.
But before everything’s finalised, the owner wanted to make a few things “abundantly clear” as others have let her down in the past.
Claudia, the owner, then lists six bullet points which might explain why previous sitters didn’t work out.
The messages were shared on Imgur with the caption: “Rude lady wants me to watch her diabetic dog for basically nothing.”
In the six rules, it includes making sure her dog Junie is “fed, watered and medicated”.
She also requires the dog sitter to be there 90% of the time.
Setting out the rules the owner insists are followed, the woman writes:
- I will pay you $110 (£72) for your services. You are there to make sure Junie is fed, watered, and medicated. That is a fair price.
- You are to be there 90% of the time. Last year our AC went out while the girl was at work and we lost two rabbits because she was not there.
- Any emergencies you will pay for out of your own pocket. You are in charge of taking care of Junie and if anything should happen under your supervision IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
- Yes, we do have cameras and check them frequently. No friends over, parties, or anything of the like.
- Keep your phone on loud. I cannot stress how much anxiety I get when I call to check on her and I do not get a response.
- And finally, you will be paid in full approximately 24 hours after I return. I will make sure Junie isn’t showing any anxiety, etc before I write the cheque.
And the owner finished the text with: “Are we clear?”
But the woman wasn’t having any of it and she sent the owner a quick reply.
It read: “Hi Claudia, unfortunately I would not be able to meet all the demands. I hope you find a great sitter!”
When she pushed to reveal which parts of the job she found “too hard”, she said it was being there 90% of the time.
It obviously didn’t go down too well with Claudia who then snapped back at her response.
She said: “If it’s too hard then it’s too hard. I thought I’d give Stephanie’s friend a chance but obviously you don’t need the money that bad. I don’t want your ‘services’.”
Get all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox. Sign up for the free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter
People were stunned by the owner’s demands, with one saying: “She’s not looking for dog sitting services.
“She’s looking for someone to exploit.”
Meanwhile another added: “If you can’t afford a sitter at a reasonable rate, you can’t afford a holiday.”