Girl, 2, dies touching mobile phone charger

A two-year-old girl was rushed to hospital after she was electrocuted by a mobile phone charger, but tragically she couldn’t be saved.

A young girl has died from an electric shock after touching a mobile phone charger.

Sara Alves de Albuquerque, from Erere, northeast Brazil, was rushed to hospital on Monday, but sadly could not be saved, The Sun reports.

Local mayor Emmanuelle Gomes Martins, expressed her sadness over the incident on Facebook.

“The government of Erere expresses deep regret for the death of the child Sara Alves de Albuquerque.

“In this moment of deep pain, the municipal public administration sympathises with family and friends, and expresses its most sincere condolences for the unspeakable loss.”

Others have also expressed their condolences.

“Rest in peace, little Sara. You’re a little angel with little wings now. Take care of your mummy from up there above, you hear?” one person wrote.

“There are moments when we cannot find the words to externalise our feelings, above all when it’s reported about a child,” said another.

Police are continuing investigations into the toddler’s death.

Reports have not indicated the make of phone, or whether it was a charger from a recognised brand.

It is the latest in a series of similar lethal electric shocks. Brazil registered 355 deaths from electric shocks last year alone.

A similar death happened in Thailand in 2019, when Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, was found dead in his bedroom with burn marks on his hand and forearm while still holding his handset.

His mum Rinnaporn, from Chonburi, western Thailand, made the horrifying discovery when she was leaving for work.

She found Kittisak holding his black Android smartphone, which was plugged into the mains while he was playing games.

This article originally appeared on The Sun and was reproduced with permission

Leave a Comment