A HAIR stylist is warning beauty fans against bleaching their own hair, after being forced to rescue one client’s locks from a horror home dye job.
Using a box dye, the woman had attempted to bleach her hair blonder but was left with a very patchy head of hair instead of the lighter look she had been hoping for.
Desperate to fix her hair after the home dye gone-wrong, the woman enlisted the help of TikTok user @dagnystark – a stylist who came to the rescue and evened out her mane.
Showing off the damage done from the home dye, the stylist panned over the woman’s uneven hair colour and revealed: “So this lady came into the salon to get her hair fixed after her and her friend decided to try and lighten out her previously box-coloured hair at home.”
They shared the entire process online, as they explained they were lifting out the colour with a colour remover before adding a new colour to the end and roots.
Permanent root colour was used to even out the patches at the root of the woman’s hair, as well as a “gentle lightener” and then added a toner on top to get rid of any “unwanted brassy colours tones, yellow tones and orange tones”.
After a lengthy amount of time sat in the salon chair, the woman was left delighted with her finished look.
“This turned out so good. She was so happy. She hasn’t been this blonde in years and years. It actually ended up being such a beautiful colour blonde,” the stylist revealed.
They shared that the whole process took a huge four hours, costing $90 (£65) an hour.
Captioning their video, they urged other hair lovers to steer clear from DIY box dyes, writing “Don’t bleach your own hair folks… and if you do I’m here to help.”
People couldn’t get over the transformation, with many commenting on how “healthy” and incredible her hair now seemed.
“Holy cow, it looks so natural and healthy,” posted one person.
Another said: “Wow, the transformation. Doing hair is insane. Good work.”
“So healthy, shiny and NOT yellow,” shared a third, while one shocked person added: “omg was not ready for that outcome.”
Meanwhile, a distraught woman shares epic balayage fail after hairdresser leaves bleached locks ‘steaming’ – & the roots are shocking.
Plus, one beauty fan warns people should never skip a patch test as her eyebrows FELL OFF after she dyed them at home.
And a beautician reveals why you should clean your eyelash extensions daily while sharing grim buildup which left woman with bald lids.