Horrified woman sleeps inches from ‘liquified’ corpse of neighbour for 8 weeks

A woman has told of how horrifying it was to be trapped in her apartment next to her neighbour’s decomposing body when nobody believed her about the smell.

Reagan Baylee, from Los Angeles, began having trouble sleeping in May 2020 during the lockdown and was disturbed by an odour she believed was “dead fish”.

She recalls in a TikTok video: “The smell was really starting to bother me and this was going on for weeks but my manager was refusing to send anyone out or come out herself because of the pandemic.

“I started thinking maybe my neighbour who lived to the right of me had like, his dog had died or something had happened and I got really worried, but my manager told me she can’t just start knocking on neighbour’s doors and bothering them.”



Reagan was made unwell by the disgusting smell

Reagan felt more and more unwell as the weeks went by and, eventually, the building manager sent somebody to investigate the smell complaint.

She says: “He’d walked up the stairs, he couldn’t even make it up the stairs without starting to vomit.

“He ripped off his mask and said, ‘I am going to get the master key, someone is dead’.

“I immediately start freaking out because I felt so validated after weeks and weeks of feeling crazy and complaining, and no one believing me.”



Unidentified Corpse in Hospital
The corpse was skeletal and mostly liquid when it was found

The apartment building was then swarming with police who were all asking Regan questions about her neighbour.

Regan says when the police opened the door “thousands of bugs” came flying out of the apartment and the smell was horrendous.

“The cops started ripping off their masks and multiple of them were throwing up over the side of the railing,” she adds.

“Long story short, they said this was the worst decomposed body they had ever come across and they see a lot of decomposed bodies.

“I’m not going to go too much into the specifics of it, especially for the privacy of the person, but let’s just say they were liquefied and they were basically a skeleton at this point.

“All the symptoms my boyfriend and I were experiencing were simply because of the fumes and toxic that were releasing from the body and the natural gases that were making me extremely sick during pretty much all of quarantine.”

Want all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox? Sign up for our free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here