SHARING a WhatsApp Status can be fun – but maybe you don’t want everyone to see it.
Thankfully there’s a way to make sure that select contacts can’t see your Status.
That means you can effectively pick and choose who your latest WhatsApp Status is visible to.
First, it’s important to understand how the WhatsApp Status works.
Your Status updates will only ever be seen by someone if you both have each other in the contacts.
By default, updates to your Status are shared with all of your contacts.
But you can limit change who it’s being shared to at any time.
How to limit WhatsApp Status Privacy
First, open WhatsApp and then tap Status.
If you’re using an Android phone, tap More Options (three vertical dots) then choose Status Privacy.
And if you’re on an iPhone, tap Privacy.
Then you’ll have three options to choose from.
The first is My Contacts – this lets all of your contacts see your Status updates.
Second is My Contacts Except – this shows your Status to every contact, except people you specifically exclude.
Third is Only Share With – this only shows your Status to people you’ve chosen to include.
Changing your privacy settings won’t affect any Status updates that you’ve already sent.
Also, read receipt settings will affect the oversight of your Status views.
If you’ve got Read Receipts set to off, you won’t be able to see who’s viewed your Status.
And if a contact has disabled Read Receipts, you won’t be able to see if they’ve checked out your Status.
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How to track someone on Google Maps
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here’s how to see if your Gmail has been hacked
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here’s how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
In other news, check out the new Lamborghini Huracan Evo that can clean your house and cook you dinner.
Check out the wildly impressive Panasonic 65HZ1000 TV, which makes most tellies look rubbish.
Read our complete guide to Call of Duty 2021.
And Dell’s Alienware R10 Ryzen Edition is a gaming PC powerhouse that crushes both the new consoles.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]