KATIE Price jetted to Turkey to get new hair extensions as the investigation into her “assault” rumbles on.
The 43-year-old is visiting her trusted hairdresser Alper Damdelen in Istanbul a month after telling him she needed to go blonder.
A source said: “Katie was desperate to get her extensions redone and there’s only one man she trusts with her hair – she got them done after her last surgery and was really impressed.
“She’s got a lot of live appearances coming up and wanted to look her best.”
Yesterday we exclusively revealed Katie and fiance Carl Woods have travelled to Turkey for a short stay following an alleged attack in her home in August.
Katie plans to return tomorrow so she can continue with her work commitments.
The mother-of-five hopes the trip will “clear her head” following a difficult few weeks.
A source told us: “Katie left for Turkey this morning – she needs a few days to clear her head after everything that’s been going on. She’s going back to where she stayed after the surgery – she needs to relax and enjoy the sun for a few days.
“She’ll be back for her make-up classes at the weekend, but needed to get away for a few days.”
The break comes after Katie insisted that she didn’t call the police on Carl following the alleged assault in her home.
The former glamour model, who was left with a bruised face after the incident, commented on an Instagram post by Carl in which he said he would never hurt her.
She wrote: “FACT, I’ve ALWAYS said DONT believe everything you read in the media and what Carl is saying is true. FACT I’ve NEVER called the police on Carl my police investigation I’m currently going through to a incident a few weeks ago is not to do with Carl .
“This man’s mental health is so low and easy to say suicidal. Someone played what they thought was a clever game and involved the media with inaccurate information.”
In his video, which was filmed inside a car, Carl insisted: “The truth will come out.”
The 32-year-old broke his silence following the incident two weeks ago, writing in a statement: “I would never hit or hurt her”.
Speaking to camera, he said he’s been “in hiding” through the “roughest” month of his life, adding: “I’m a good fella, always have been”.
Police were called to Katie’s home in Essex at around 1.30am on Monday, August 23, and a man in his 30s was held on suspicion of assault and theft.
Essex Police confirmed he has been released on police bail, but the man was re-bailed earlier this week. Yesterday, the bail date was extended until next month.