GET ready to say goodbye to your Sunday nights when Joanne Froggatt’s new drama Angela Black starts on ITV.
The six-part series has been written by Golden Globe winning producers and screenwriters Harry and Jack Williams.
When is Angela Black released?
Angela Black will kick off on Sunday, October 10, 2021, at 9pm on ITV.
The series will then air every Sunday up until November 14, 2021.
You can catch any missed episodes on the ITV Hub.
Filming for the series commenced in London back in October 2020.
Who is in the cast of Angela Black?
This six-part series features an all-star cast.
This includes some big names from Britain and Hollywood:
- Angela played by Joanne Froggatt – the actress is known for Downtown Abbey and Liar.
- Olivier played by Michiel Huisman – the actor is known for Game of Thrones and The Flight Attendant.
- Ed Harrison played by Samuel Adewunmi – the actor is known for The Watch and Prime Suspect 1973.
- Emma played by Deirdre Mullins – the actress is known for Man Down and The Dark Mile.
- Mike played by Daniel Betts – the actor is known for The Girlfriend Experience and A Confession.
What is Angela Black about?
Angela’s life appears idyllic: a lovely house in suburban London, days working volunteer shifts at a dogs home, two beautiful sons and a charming, hard-working husband – Olivier.
However, beneath this façade of charmed domesticity, Angela is a victim of domestic violence.
Olivier is controlling and brutal, but Angela loves him and he’s the father of her children.
She can’t leave him, even though she has threatened to countless times, so, she covers her bruises with make-up and fabricates lies to explain away her missing teeth.
Until, one day, Angela is approached by Ed – a private investigator – and he smashes her already strained domestic life to pieces.
Ed reveals Olivier’s deepest secrets to Angela, and she is faced with horrifying truths about her husband and his betrayals. But can Angela trust Ed?