The release date for when Superman will come out in Fortnite is near and fans will need to complete some challenges to unlock the skin.
August has been a brilliant month so far for fans of Epic Games’ battle royale. Not only was the Ariana Grande concert the best yet, but we’ve also recently been blessed with Cammy and Guile from Street Fighter.
Not only that, but there’s also been a Suicide Squad collaboration with Bloodsport. And the crossover with DC is set to continue with the arrival of the last son of Krypton.
When does Superman come out in Fortnite?
The release date for when the Superman skin will come out in Fortnite is August 12th.
Fans have had to patiently wait for the arrival of the man of steel ever since Season 7 started back in June. Although it’s been an agonising wait for many, Epic Games have offered plenty of other fantastic skins such as Rick from Rick and Morty.
Similar to other battle pass cosmetics and items, you will need to complete some challenges to unlock the Metropolis Marvel.
How to unlock Superman in Fortnite
You will need to complete a set of challenges and all 84 Epic Quests to unlock the full Superman skin and bundle of items in Fortnite.
Before you unlock the iconic blue and red superhero outfit, you will first need to complete Challenges to unlock the Clark Kent outfit:
- Complete one quest from Clark Kent, Armored Batman, or Beast Boy – Call to Action emoticon
- Complete three quests from Clark Kent, Armored Batman, or Beast Boy – Shield Spray
- Complete five quests from Clark Kent, Armored Batman, or Beast Boy – Clark Kent skin
- Take damage from a player and survive (Beast Boy)
- Reach speed 99 in a vehicle (Beast Boy)
- Use a Launchpad (Armored Batman)
- Fly a Saucer (Armored Batman)
- Visit three Different Named Locations (Clark Kent)
- Visit the Mothership or an Alien Biome (Clark Kent)
- Defeat Aliens (Armored Batman, Beast Boy, and Clark Kent)
Once you’ve equipped the Clark Kent outfit, below is how you unlock the Superman skin and all other items:
- Use a phone booth as Clark Kent
- Secret Identity Emote
- Superman’s Cape Back Bling
- Clark Kent (Superman) outfit
- Glide through five rings as Clark Kent
- Complete 63 Epic Quests
- Complete 68 Epic Quests
- Complete 73 Epic Quests
- The Last Son of Krypton Loading Screen
- Complete 78 Epic Quests
- Complete 84 Epic Quests
- Clark Kent (Shadow) outfit
- Superman’s Cape (Shadow) Back Bling
- The Daily Planet (The Late Edition) Back Bling
- Solitude Striker (Shadow)
- Kal-El’s Cape (Shadow) glider
When does Season 8 start?
All of the these quests and challenges should be available until Season 8 starts. Epic Games haven’t announced a date as of yet, but people are expecting it to start on September 13th.
There aren’t many leaks as of writing, but it’s believed that there will be a Naruto skin.