Stop. The. Presses. The Jets have won a football game. Zach Wilson was sensational on Sunday, making big throws when the Jets needed it most. The defense brought the heat on Ryan Tannehill. While it came down to a former Jets kicker missing a field goal to clinch it, a win is a win. Wilson and the Jets badly needed one.
To talk about the 27-24 win in overtime at MetLife Stadium, we bring you a new episode of the “Gang’s All Here” podcast with Brian Costello and me. Former Jets defensive end and pre- and postgame analyst Leger Douzable joined us.
Gang’s All Here Podcast with Jake & Coz:
- ZACH WILSON/OFFENSE: Wilson made some really good throws. He had success outside of the pocket and improvising plays. Offensive line gave him more time. Corey Davis made some big catches against his former team. Keelan Cole and Jamison Crowder had great games too.
- DEFENSE: The defense put pressure on Ryan Tannehill. John Franklin-Myers is playing Pro Bowl football. CJ Mosley is showing us why he got a big contract. The young secondary is playing well. They will need to force turnovers soon.
Leger Douzable Interview:
Former Jets DE, SNY Jets pre and postgame analyst
- DEFENSE WAS GREAT: Loves what this young secondary is doing. Michael Carter can be really special. Quincy Williams is playing motivated and his speed is ridiculous. Sheldon Rankins deserves more credit, does the dirty work.
- WILSON/PLAYCALLING: Wilson has so much arm talent. He was able to trust the system. Doesn’t think Mike LaFleur has done a bad job, but the execution has not been there.
- COACH SALEH: Talks about Robert Saleh as his defensive coach with the 49ers and what he brought to the team. Only coach to wear cleats for practice. He had so much energy.
Catch up on all episodes of “Gang’s All Here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the podcast will drop Mondays and Thursdays during the regular season.