How often has it been that you were late for a Monday morning meeting because you woke up late? Then you ended up breaking the speeding limit and were offered a traffic ticket.
Oh! Here is a neater trick. The next time a cop pulls you over for speeding, tell him you have diarrhea and need to use the washroom. Well, you can cry over the traffic ticket you received in your restroom itself.
Did you park in the wrong lane and pretended you didn’t see any parking sign just because you wanted to pick up a coffee from that particular café. Well, you can’t pretend to know the traffic ticket that will follow after that. The brunt of it will cost you more than your coffee.
If you are in India, be ready to shell off some cash on being caught by the police as they do not have portable credit card machines. If you are in Australia, you are luckier than Americans as the charges will be levied on the car, not on the person.
But I would be scared if you are in Finland. Jussi Salonoja was fined 170000 euros in 2002 for speeding. Now, To pay or not to pay is not the question; how to pay is the question.
You are lucky to be caught speeding in New Jersey( not the found part, the New Jersey part.) The New Jersey court has saved you from visits to the court. So now you can pay off the traffic ticket while in a meeting room, in the washroom, or you might as well sit the café with your coffee and pay off the card. Yes, it is that easy through NJMCdirect.
NJMCdirect payment portal
Whether you broke the rule accidentally or intentionally or you were testing your luck that day, you will be presented with a ticket for a traffic violation. You might be under the thought that you will have to visit the court to pay it off. But, no, now you can pay it comfortably online. You can skip the long queues in the court through NJMCDirect. This is an online ticket payment portal. They will give you NJ Ticket Prefix Code, and with this, you can pay off your fines.
What all will you need?
To use the code to pay for your Ticket at the site, you need a few things handy. This will further speed up the process, and you will waste less time arranging things.
- Please keep your traffic ticket safe and do not throw it away with your shopping bills. This will be used as legal proof. This Ticket will have the Court ID, and the Ticket Number on it, along with the type of violation you are guilty off will also be mention on the Ticket. Without this Ticket, you will be unable to complete the payment process. So could you keep it safe?
- License plate Number- License Plate Number is available under the vehicle information. This number can also be easily found on your driving license. Would you please make a note of this too?
- Credit Card– www.NJMCDirect is an online payment mode through which you will be paying your fines. As we are aware, just like any other online payment, you will need a credit card or a debit card to carry out the transactions. MasterCard and VISA Cards work as well
- Operation hours– undoubtedly, this is a very convenient way to pay NJ Ticket fines through this portal, but keep in mind that the website has particular hours of operation throughout the day. They are not available 24 hours, i.e., you cannot access the site at any time of the day.
Here are the NJMCDirect Hours of Operation :
- Monday to Thursday, you can access the website from 7.30 AM to 11.45 PM
- On Friday, you can use the services from 7.30 AM to 10.45 PM.
- Saturday, the payment process starts at 7.30 AM to 3.45 PM
- Sunday, the payment can be made any time between 1 PM to 11:45 PM.
- Lastly, you will obviously need a mobile device, or PC, laptop with an internet connection to start your payment process.
Step to follow while accessing the payment portal:
- Open your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Visit the official website- www.NJMCDirect
- Ongoing to the website, you will find an option called ‘Traffic Ticket Search’ or ‘Ticket Payment Online.’ Click on it to start the payment process.
- Now you will need all the information you were asked to keep handy previously.
- Ticket prefix
- Ticket number
- License Plate Number
- Now, click on the “Continue” button.
- Based on your need, choose any one of the two options that you will be provided with :
- View NJMCDirect Ticket ( show the Ticket)
- Process NJMCDirect Ticket Payment. ( start the payment process)
- Pay the Ticket using your suitable mode of payment- Credit card or debit card.
- It will take a few minutes to process the whole thing and is way quicker than the manual process where you stand in long queues.
- Secure- it is highly reliable, and all your information stays confidential. The New Jersey court assures you of high-quality security. Nobody has access to this information except court employees.
- Convenience – you can pay your fine at the comfort of your house or on the go.
- You will have to pay a minimal transaction amount.
- Timings –you will have to note the schedules, and they are not flexible; all the days do not have the exact timings.
If the government is trying to make your life more convenient with such advanced facilities, it is also your responsibility to not break the traffic and parking rules as they are also levied upon us for our safety.