Tory Lanez violated Megan Thee Stallion restraining order

A California state judge ruled Monday that Tory Lanez violated his restraining order when he performed at Rolling Loud on the same night as Megan Thee Stallion last month.

As a result, Lanez’s bail was increased from $190,000 to $250,000 — which he has to pay in order to remain a free man prior to his trial.

The judge told Lanez, “You’re very fortunate that you have the means to post bail immediately” and warned that the “Say It” rapper, 29, will be remanded into custody if he violates the order again.

Lanez was also ordered not to attend any events where Megan, 26, will be, including music festivals and award shows.

At the hearing Monday afternoon — which Page Six attended via telephone — Lanez could be heard telling the judge, “I understand, your honor, and I apologize.”

Prior to the judge’s ruling, Lanez’s attorney Shawn Holley claimed her client — whose real name is Daystar Peterson — was unaware that Megan was scheduled to perform at Rolling Loud, stating he had only made a guest appearance during DaBaby’s set.

“The court is presuming that Peterson was aware that Megan was performing,” the attorney said, adding that because Lanez was not on the bill, he didn’t look at it.

However, the state prosecutor retaliated, “To plead ignorance is unreasonable.”

Holley also argued that once Lanez arrived at the event, he took “measures” to try and not be seen by Megan, whose real name is Megan Pete. The attorney then denied that her client tried to antagonize the “WAP” rapper.

“If his intention was to harass and intimidate her, she would’ve known he was there at the time,” she said, adding, “He did nothing which was harassing to her. In fact, she learned about this later and upon reflecting on it realized that it was not OK.”

The attorney’s remarks were reminiscent of what she exclusively told Page Six immediately after the event.

She told us in July, “Though they both performed at the same music festival, Mr. Peterson went out of his way to ensure that he would not cross paths with Ms. Pete or otherwise violate the terms of the protective order.”

During Monday’s hearing, the judge questioned, “Did it not occur to [Lanez]” that Megan might be at Rolling Loud and that he wouldn’t “be able to be a football field away?”

He then ultimately sided with the state and said, “I don’t think it was a good idea to even show up there.”

Megan was first granted a restraining order against the “Say It” rapper in October 2020, three months after he allegedly shot the Houston native in the back of her foot. The protective order also prevents Lanez from commenting on the shooting.

He pleaded not guilty in November 2020.

A rep for Megan did not immediately return our request for comment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here