When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
Dear Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard): If every Port Charlesite who has ever committed a crime, or did something that they later came to regret, were to up sticks, Port Charles would be a literal ghost town. Heck, even saintly Audrey March Hardy has a few oopsie daisies in her past.
And who are you to even make such a suggestion to Nina Reeves (Cynthia Watros)? Also, I don’t feel sorry for you. You can whine and slap your desk all you want, but what transpired between Carly Corinthos (Laura Wright) and Jason Morgan (Steve Burton) is just as much your fault as it is Nina’s.
You spent nine months actively choosing not to dig into your past – despite knowing that, at the very least, you were at one one time a married man. Your family moved on, in large part because of that decision (which was made months before Nina ever laid an eye on you), so you do not get to be mad…well, you do, but it’s hypocritical of you to do so.
Further GH Musings
* Best Keeping With Character Moment: Scott Baldwin (Kin Shriner) delighting in Spencer Cassadine’s predicament (Nicholas Alexander Chavez).
* Here’s hoping that Britt Westbourne (Kelly Thiebaud) sticks to her guns where Jason is concerned. Second place is first loser, and Britt is not a loser. She can find herself a much better man.
* How did Phyllis Caulfield (Joyce Guy) manage to find Mike Corbin’s (Max Gail) watch? Sonny stood from the bench parked in front of the Nixon Falls waterfall and tossed the timepiece.
* Is there anyone on General Hospital, outside of Carly and Josslyn Jacks (Eden McCoy), that is actually angry with Nina for what she did to Sonny? Curtis Ashford (Donnell Turner), Maxie Jones (Kirsten Storms), Britt and Scott all excused her actions – though the latter two did give Nina grief over her contributing to Liesl Obrecht’s (Kathleen Gati) kidnapping – and Sasha Gilmore (Sofia Mattsson) tried to blame herself for what went down.
* No Carly, you weren’t falling back in love with Jason prior to Sonny’s return. You had fallen, HARD. It’s not semantics; what you told Sonny was a shameless falsehood
* One down, one to go. Can someone please explain why Esme Prince (Avery Kristen Pohl) is not in jail alongside Spencer? He admitted, in front of several witnesses – including Trina Robinson (Sydney Mikayla) – that Esme was the one who torched Ava Jerome Cassadine’s (Maura West) car…which, we remind was parked in a hospital garage; so what gives?
* Props to the writers for clearing up a point we made about Esme’s supposed fortune; she’s got a trust fund, but can’t access it. Now tell us why.
General Hospital (GH) airs weekdays on ABC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Port Charles, check out all the latest that’s been posted on GH spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.
SUBSCRIBE TO DAILY EMAILS:
WATCH THE SOAP HUB VIDEO CHANNEL: