A FLIGHT attendant believes she may have spotted Brian Laundrie at a hotel in Canada as he remains at large following the homicide death of his fiance Gabby Petito.
In a video posted to TikTok on Wednesday, user @cwlynn, who identifies herself as a flight attendant, said she was staying overnight at a hotel in Toronto on September 20 when she went downstairs to pick up a delivery.
As she stepped outside to meet her courier, she says she spotted a man who closely resembled Brian Laundrie, who has not been seen since leaving his home in Florida on September 14.
The flight attendant described the man as appearing “flustered” as he walked out of the hotel.
He then allegedly got back into his car and drove away with another man.
She didn’t confront the man but she did snap a picture of him from a distance.
The image shows a balding while male with prominent facial hair and a facemask strapped around his chin. The individual picture also appears to be similar in build to Laundrie.
The woman said she also informed the hotel about the man’s suspicious activity and likeness to Laundrie.
Staff reportedly told her: “He didn’t know where he was going and he had the wrong hotel.”
In the video, @cwlynn shares the picture she reportedly took alongside an image of Laundrie from his Instagram page.
“I’m not sure if this looks like him or if I just fell too far down the rabbit hole,” the woman said of the case, which has captivated social media in the last week and grabbed headlines across the world.
“You can see the dip in his moustache,” she says, comparing the two images, “and the ears are bent down [in her photo], but my ears bend down when I wear a face mask.”
Read our Gabby Petito live blog for the very latest news and updates…
In a later clip, the TikToker claims that the man resembled Laundrie so closely it made her feel sick.
“It looked so much like him – it made me feel really nauseous because I’ve never seen him in person, like many of you haven’t, and this is exactly how I imagined he would look.
“I did inform the hotel [that she thought it was Laundrie] and the employees at the hotel didn’t have any idea about the case, which was concerning.”
She continued by claiming that the hotel staff took down Laundrie’s name and compared her photo and an image of Laundrie, reportedly concluding that he “did look pretty similar to Brian.”
The TikTok user added that she sent the image to local media and reported the encounter to the FBI, via their tips email.
The woman did not provide the name of the hotel she was staying at.
HUNT FOR LAUNDRIE GOES ON
It comes after an online Psychic claimed in a video posted to YouTube that Brian was heading to Canada.
Federal investigators are still searching for 23-year-old Laundrie, who is so far only publicly considered a “person of interest” in Gabby’s death.
He returned home to Florida alone in the couple’s van on September 1, around two months into the couple’s planned four-month cross-country road trip.
Laundrie immediately retained an attorney and refused to cooperate with the police.
Gabby’s mother said she pleaded with Laundrie for answers about where her daughter was but received no reply. She then reported Gabby missing to the police on September 11.
Three days later, on September 14, Laundrie vanished from his parent’s home after telling them he was going hiking in the 24,000-acre Carlton Reserve.
Laundrie’s parents told police they only grew concerned between 24 to 48 hours after their son failed to return from the hike.
They claim they drove up to the 25,000-acre park, spotted Laundrie’s car, and drove it home after allegedly finding a note on the windshield left by police asking for it to be removed from the area.
Brian’s parents didn’t report him missing until September 17.
Gabby’s remains were then discovered at a campsite in Wyoming on Sunday, with the nature of her death since ruled a homicide.
No trace of Laundrie has been found by federal investigators, despite a days-long search of Carlton Reserve by air, on the ground, and by water.
Police continued their search on Thursday. No additional information is currently available.
Gabby Petito timeline
Gabby Petito, 22, was last seen on August 24, leaving a hotel in Utah. Here is a timeline of Gabby Petito’s disappearance:
- June 2021 – Gabby Petito and her fiancé Brian Laundrie set off on a cross-country trip across the US.
- July 4 – Gabby posts photos of herself barefoot in Gove County, Kansas.
- July 8 – Gabby posts photos of herself at the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado.
- July 18 – Gabby and Brian post photos of themselves at Utah’s Zion National Park.
- August 12 – Body camera footage was released in September showing an encounter Brian and Gabby had with police in Utah. Police confirmed that no significant injuries were reported.
- August 19 – Gabby and Brian post a video on their YouTube channel chronicling their trip. The video receives more than 200,000 views.
- August 24 – Gabby is spotted leaving a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- August 25 – Gabby Facetimes her mom, Nichole Schmidt, for the final time. In a later police report, Schmidt said her conversations with her daughter revealed “more and more tension” between her and Brian.
- August 25 – Gabby also posts her last Instagram. No location is given.
- August 27 – Gabby is seen for what’s believed to be the final time. Witnesses claim they saw Brian in an explosive argument with staff at a restaurant in Jackson Hole, leaving Gabby in tears.
- August 27 – Four hours later, travel bloggers driving through Grand Teton National Park drive past the couple’s van “abandoned” on a dirt road.
- September 1 – Brian returns home to Florida without Gabby.
- September 11 – Gabby’s parents report her missing to Suffolk County police.
- September 14 – Brian’s family issues a statement saying he has retained an attorney and will not be cooperating with investigators.
- September 14 – Brian is allegedly last seen by his family. He reportedly told them he was going hiking in Cartlon Reserve but failed to return.
- September 15 – Florida’s North Port police announce Brian is a person of interest in the case. He is not charged with any crime.
- September 16 – Utah police release body camera footage of the police encounter with Brian and Gabby.
- September 17 – Brian’s parents say they have not seen their son in a couple of days and report him missing.
- September 18 – Police announce they were searching Carlton Reserve in Florida for Brian. Police announce they have not found anything.
- September 19 – Authorities in Wyoming say they found a body in Grand Teton National Park. The FBI announces the body was believed to be Gabby’s but a full forensic identification needs to be completed first to confirm.
- September 20 – Police execute a search warrant on Laundrie’s home, seizing his silver Mustang and a hard drive that may contain “evidence relevant to proving that a felony has been committed.”
- September 21 – Officials announce they will be conducting an autopsy on the remains found in Wyoming to confirm whether or not they belong to Gabby. Police also resumed their search for Laundrie, this time on the Venice side of Carlton Reserve.
- September 21 – The FBI announced the body found in Wyoming was identified as Gabby’s. The cause of death was not yet revealed.
- September 21 – The Teton County Coroner’s office said Gabby’s official cause of death was still pending but the initial manner of death is homicide.
- September 22 – Police continue to scour Carlton Reserve for a trace of Laundrie but yield no leads. A specialist dive team is called in to assist with the hunt.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?